Resident Move Out Instructions
These are the instructions for proper move out. We know you will have a lot to keep track of during this transition. We hope this will make it clearer and more organized for you. If you do have any questions, please call us at (919) 808-5678
We will perform an inspection after all your personal property has been removed and you have cleaned the property. Currently, you need to take the keys to the office. We consider you still living at the property until the keys are turned in. Rent will be charged until 1Aver receives keys and any garage door remotes – do NOT leave the keys at the property. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER THE KEYS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.
The better the condition of the property when you leave, the faster the deposit is sent. You will need to give us your forwarding address, so we know where to send your deposit refund. If any items are left in the property, or if the property is not cleaned and left in move in ready condition (Normal wear and tear expected), you will be charged a $150-dollar coordination fee. This fee covers the time it will take 1Aver to find and schedule vendors to complete the move out process for you. Plus, you will be charged any expense due to the work needed.
If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for the rent during the remaining term of the lease. However, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
- Remove all trash and personal items from home and yard, including pet droppings.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, including microwave, range hood, etc.
- Clean sinks, cabinets, and drawers.
- The carpeting must be professionally cleaned, and receipt turned in with keys.
- Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove stains and marks.
- Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to areas around light switches, hallways, doors, and baseboards.
- Clean all windows, secure all screens, and remove cobwebs inside and out.
- Make needed repairs to screens and screen doors.
- Clean and disinfect the bathrooms thoroughly.
- Repair or have repaired any damage you or your pets have caused. It will be less expensive if you take care of your own damages.
- Discontinue your phone services at least 24 hours before vacating.
- If you are responsible for the lawn care, mow, trim, and remove debris from yard.
- Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you discontinue service.
- Do not place trash and garbage in the recyclable cans.
Thank you and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.